Monday 28 July 2014

I spotted Rekha!


Anu's Chatter...

Hey I am back! This time I decided to start the blog marathon...This I had started last year ..the idea is to post a blog everyday no matter what! This  is also purely because I have been absent from my blog for sometime and am feeling very guilty. I have been maha- busy writing my next book and social commitments galore...plus a whole lot of family commitments..whatever reasons I am going to post a post every single day....even if it is one in the night...and as long as possible!. Pray that my commitment stays on....

Here it goes------

I Spotted Rekha

Yesterday I was in Bandra accompanying my daughter to her ballroom  classes...after she resumed with  her class I ventured out in search of some hot beverage...the rains had made this small upscale Mumbai suburb beautiful..the roads were all drenched clean, ribbony and less commuters , gave  it a feel of rest  that can happen only on a Sunday or a holiday ! Life moved at its own pace and me at mine .  There were owners and hired help walking their dogs, mommies and women busily gossiped, while some men must have  come-out , for a stroll and a smoke .The streets on either side were occupied  with florists...I was hit by the beautiful scent of chrysanthemums and Roses  . I continued enjoying my ‘Me Time’ striding towards my coffee shop. 'It all has a slight European touch with a Indian feel'... I mused !  After an hour, I walked back, soaking in the rich sights and sounds again. This time a bit closer to the florists examining and admiring  the delicate colors. I saw  a red Merc stop by.....I passed  it and stopped short and took a couple of steps back, cause I was just compelled to!
A simple face with a red lip-color perfectly  matching the vehicle she occupied, hit my senses. Was she or was she not?She  was buying a bunch of chrysanthemums, looking not a day older than 27 or 28. I stood there speechless as I came face to face with  'The Phenomenal Rekha......Yes 60 something  ..Bhanu Rekha ..the famous Bollywood yesteryears heartthrob and superstar buying flowers just like that, off the streets,  in front of me on a lazy Sunday afternoon ??!!. It was a  treat to watch and magic to experience! No, I did not say hi , go to her or disturb her,   however much I wanted to because I was grounded and wanted to soak all in ! I carried  the feelings rather in my heart for somedays to come, of that magical moment , that included mentioning her to everyone I met in the coming days!  

Did Rekha inspire me?-----Come to think of it-----I have hyped my Yoga a bit more everyday , apply extra moisturizer and cannot stop looking into the mirror every time I pass it and cannot stop comparing my age and the reflection I have!!  What do you think? Did Rekha influence me?

No comments:

Post a Comment