Thursday 26 December 2013

The Burning Shepphires--A Review


Anu’s Chatter---



Review of the book --Burning Shepphires
Author--Suresh k. Goswami.
Total pages--259
Genre---Creative Fiction
Partridge Publications


Burning Sapphires” is a creative fiction about one  woman called as Ghulab Sahib who despite all the odds in life takes on the responsibility and leads the entire community towards a progressive solution and revives the injured spirits and minds of Kashmiris. Reads the intro ....

Dear friends this is my first written review of any book...Honestly , when I first started reading it only after  a couple of pages into it (on encountering the details on the heights and kilometers) I thought to myself  ‘Oh God , another research in the name of fiction!But I chugged along...., the whole drama unfolded in front of my eyes slowly and I saw the hidden poet in me surface after each passing page.The language is good; at places it needed further  editing though .I finished reading the book within two days.It runs very fast in spite of the detailing .I must say the book stands up to its proclamation of a --‘creative fiction’ in the end. It would be unfair if I do not mention some poetic pictorial expressions from it---

= ‘deep blue in color and aqua clear, 
= they drank tons to the depths of their souls,
= she felt all warmth and life leaving her as sadness started settling in, gradually encroaching upon her spirit,
 = getting into an intoxicated sleep, Khalid lifted his head and told her, “Ghulab, you are going to be my queen .

Apart from the above, there are some I could not relate to;that really, really needed further work--for more emotion...and effect---ah ah

-There lay, wrapped up in a shawl and stained with blood, a beautiful young girl. 
-As they walked through the city and through the endless rows of beautiful trees, she felt the embrace of her Father. 
-expressed his guilt admitting the failure of his regime.

Overall I would say that it was a good read..On the flip side,it needed further editing...I must also add here that the cover is a total mismatch to the book..I mean a very unimaginative one.I wondered all along about the glamorous girl on it ( besides admiring her beautiful skin..we women are always beauty conscious Chuckle.... chuckle) with lightening emanating from her....uh uh on her ...Umm...Umm from her ...Oh Whatever!---she doesnot matchup to the simple,beautiful yet brave Ghulab in the book.
Uh... Uh umm...umm till my next chuckle sorry Churn...




2 comments:

  1. Many thanks for your honest and wonderful review of "Burning Sapphires"
    The effort in doing so is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for appreciating,,this is my first review sorry if I have been a bit critical...

    ReplyDelete