Friday 21 June 2013

Councelling.........

Anu's Chatter....


I get  a lot of requests for counseling from parents  for youngsters....most of the time  I comply, if  it is not a  clinical case ! .....Recently a friend of my friend called me....

She was crying over  the phone and  talking about her teenaged son who had lately become suicidal....I met the young fellow over a cup of coffee in CCD one evening! ....He looked  a little pensive but opened up at length...

It was a girl in his building......he had fallen for...she  had ditched him for another guy....

He opened out his heart to me about how much he loved this girl and he could not see her with someone else...this boy Raghav( whom I counseled ) was in his twelth standard with a a budding mustarche.....

I did my best ......by telling him that suicide was not the solution to any problem in this world! I worked around the point that- he should be man enough to face the problem squarely  than to run away from it or  to run away from this world too soon. He looked much lifted at the end of our one hour long conversation  ! He even called me up in the night to thank me ! I see Raghav in a  much good shape nowadays and he started to smile too!

On my part I feel quite elated that I could evade an unfortunate event   in the city of Mumbai. (By the way Suicide seems to be a fashion here) .! 
Such incidents dear friends make my life worth living.....

2 comments:

  1. hi anu really nice luv u dear u r nice superb.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon,The way you have handle this problem is truly appreciable.You haven't sort out his problem but given him an important learning that one should live a life like a man & face any problems with a courage.If we do this we can overcome any obstacle in life.
    Same support i have got from you during my course.
    Thank you very much for the same & TC!

    ReplyDelete